Certificate of Identity
Certificates of Identity (CoI) are issued by our Fiji High Commission in the UK to Fiji citizens living or travelling within Europe or the Middle-East whose passports have expired or are lost and need to travel to Fiji urgently.
In this respect, Fiji citizens are advised to always keep their passports valid and to renew their passports six (6) months before they expire.
Requirements for an application for a Certificate of Identity:
- Completed application form - see below (Incomplete or incorrect forms will be returned).
- Three (3) recent passport size photographs (only 1 of which must be witnessed by a Notary Public).
- Fees (£60.00) in Money Order or Cashier’s Bank Cheque made payable to the EMBASSY OF FIJI.
Personal or company cheques will not be accepted.
- Original Birth Certificate. A photocopy is not acceptable.
- Original Marriage Certificate (for married female applicants who wish to use a last name which differs from that shown in birth certificate).
- Police report if passport is stolen, newspaper advertisement regarding lost/stolen passport and statutory declaration (form enclosed) stating in detail when, where and how the passport was lost.
- Letter of explanation for application for a Certificate of Identity.
- Mail to: High Commission of the Republic of the Fiji Islands, 34 Hyde Park Gate, London, United Kingdom, SW7 5DN.
- Allow 5 – 7 working days for processing.
All Certificates of Identity are returned by registered mail unless otherwise requested. All requests for return courier (FEDEX, UPS, etc.) or express mail must be accompanied by remittance of the appropriate fees or inclusion of prepaid express mail envelopes.
NOTE: IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF ALL PASSPORT HOLDERS TO RENEW OR MAKE AN APPLICATION FOR A NEW PASSPORT UPON EXPIRY OF THE PASSPORT, WHICH THEY ARE HOLDING. EMERGENCIES HAPPEN AT ANY TIME AND PERSONS WITH PASSPORTS THAT HAVE EXPIRED FOR OVER THREE MONTHS AND NOT RENEWED SHOULD NOT EXPECT TO BE ISSUED A CERTIFICATE OF IDENTITY OVERNIGHT OR AT SHORT NOTICE. CERTIFICATES OF IDENTITY ARE VALID FOR A YEAR FROM THE DATE OF ISSUE AND ARE NOT RENEWABLE. MOREOVER, THEY ARE ISSUED TO AN APPLICANT ONCE ONLY. HOLDERS OF CERTIFICATES OF IDENTITY SHOULD MAKE APPLICATIONS TO THE DIRECTOR OF IMMIGRATION IN FIJI FOR ISSUANCE OF NEW PASSPORTS. IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE PROVISIONS OF THE PASSPORT ACT, NO PERSONS MAY EXIT FIJI WITH CERTIFICATES OF IDENTITY.