Passport application guidance notes
No Fiji Mission/Embassy abroad will handle applications regarding Fiji Passports.
Applications should be sent to the address below by a courier company to ensure faster and safer delivery of passport and original documents required:
The Director of Immigration
Attention : Passport Officer
You must also enclose a prepaid courier company envelope so that the passports and original documents sent to the Immigration Department are returned to the applicant safely.
For assistance in completing this application form we advise you to read these guidance notes.
What documents do I need to send with this application?
- Completed application form - see below (Incomplete or incorrect forms will be returned).
- Two  recent coloured passport size photo original birth certificate
- Original marriage certificate for females who wants to use their husband’s surname.
- Deed Poll papers and new birth certificate if you have changed your name
- ID card as follows:
- FNPF card (if applicant is employed)
- Valid driving license
- Student ID card or recent school letter (if applicant is a student)
- Water bill for local residence
- Statutory declaration form (applicants without any form of ID or lost/mutilated valid passport)
- Police report (lost valid passport)
- Fiji citizenship naturalisation or registration certificates
- Adoption papers (old and new original birth certificates)
- Death certificate if applicable
- Divorce papers if applicable
Standard serviceThe standard time to process an application is up to 5 working days. The processing begins from when the department received the correctly completed application form with all the requirements needed to issue the passport.
Applications from outer stations and our foreign missions, standard time to process an application is about 21 days as extra time should be allowed for delivery to and from passport office.
Urgent ServiceThe urgent processing of an application is one working day. The processing begins from when the department receives the correctly completed application form and has all the information needed to issue a passport.
For requests from the centres the processing period will depend on the time the application is received by headquarters.
How long is the passport valid for?
Standard and Diplomatic passport - Ten  years from the date of issue.What if my passport is full, expired or mutilated?
If your passport is full, expired or mutilated then you need to attach the old passport together with relevant documents as listed in item "What documents do I need".
What if my passport has been lost or stolen?
If your passport has been lost or stolen but still valid and if you require a replacement passport complete an application form, attach police report, a statutory declaration declaring where, when and how the passport got lost, original birth certificate and photo identity.
- Please provide 2 identical passport photos of yourself. The photos should be:
- Most recent photos, less than 6 months old
- Full front view of face, head and shoulders only
- Without hats, head covering or head bands unless if you are required to wear it for religious or medical reasons
- Without sunglasses. Eye glasses is accepted as long as eyes are clearly visible
- A true image and not altered in any way
- Clear sharp and focus
- With a plain light coloured background
- On photographic type paper
- Without jewelleries that can obscure or alter facial features
- Approximately 50mm x 40mm in size
For further enquiries
If you have any questions about filling in this form or you have any difficulties in completing it, please contact the Department of Immigration on 3312622 or 3100507 ext +679317120 or visit website http://www.immigration.gov.fj